ET in Southern Africa
Please note that this text is still in DRAFT status.
Many of the topics mentioned here will each get an in-depth article as well.
What evidence is available to support an extraterrestrial presence in Southern Africa? Plenty, as it turns out!
Documents and legislation
Still to be investigated.
One of the best known whistleblowers is also one who is heavily steeped in controversy. James Van Greunen is a central character in two UFO crash cases. Many researchers, however, have discredited his testimony with regard to both crash cases. (See below).
- 10/07/1953, Johannesburg, 5 bodies
- 07/05/1989, Kalahari Desert; while something did occur that night, the story of a crash with 2 survivors, (shot 80 km from border with Botswana, crashed in Botswana) is generally considered a hoax, staged by James Van Greunen whom is believed to have manifactured the alleged official documents.
- 15/09/1995, Lesotho, Southern Africa? (Cynthia Hind, Stanton Friedman, Michael Hesemann and David Powell all say it's another hoax, staged - again - by James Van Greunen).
- Sightings (1) :
- 16 September 1965: After midnight on 16 September, police constables Lockem and de Klerk observed a landed, copper-coloured craft on the Pretoria - Bronkhorstspruit freeway. It was 30ft wide and left a 6ft wide imprint on the tarmac after a rapid, fiery ascent. The incident was confirmed in a press release by Lt Colonel J.B. Brits, district commandant, Pretoria North (see also: http://ufos.about.com/od/ufocrashes/p/safrica1965.htm )
- 27 June 1972, Eastern Cape: One of the more famous cases which was witnessed nnn individuals. (See also: Wikipedia: 1972 UFO sightings in the eastern Cape )
- More cases at (1) , (2) and (3)
Contactees and Abductees
- Contactee: Elizabeth Klaerer - Meton, Alpha Centauri
- Contactee: Edwin, from Pinetown - Koldas
- Contact: Ariel School in Ruwa, Zimbabwe, 62 school children
- Abduction: Peter and Frances MacNorman, 31 May 1974 (1)
- African Mythology is filled with references to extraterrestrial beings running around among us.
- Klerksdorp spheres: metal alloy spheres with amazing gyroscopic qualities that are 2.5 billion years old, and which even with present-day technolgy require a vacuum / weightlessness to manifacture (See: https://www.forbiddenhistory.info/?q=node/26 )
(1) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFO_sightings_in_South_Africa which includes both sightings and contact / abduction cases.
(2) http://www.ufoafrinews.com offers scans of all 22 issues of UFO Afrinews, published by the late Cynthia Hind. Those contain UFO sightings as well as contact and abduction cases.
(3) http://www.webtrance.co.za/webufo.html also offers a list of UFO cases.